Saturday, January 14, 2012

Washington Capitals: A Mid-Season Look at the Capitals' Goalie Gear

Neuvirth
Neuvirth has gone against the grain/ trend this year.  Instead of all white pads or all white bases for pads like most goalies use (the thought is the shooter will not be able to distinguish goalie pad from net/ice/background in the shooter's vision), Neuvy has gone will all red pads.  They are the same Vaughn pads as last year, just different color.



Personally, I'm a huge fan of this switch.  As a goalie with all black pads, I like more color than the all white, bland pads that are now predominant in hockey.  Also I'm a fan of the Vaughn gear as well.  I wear Reebok leg pads, glove, and blocker, but I wear a Vaughn Velocity V4 7600 Chest protector and a Vaughn mask and they work for me.  I know alot of goalies in the SoCal area that wear the Vaughn gear and I hear nothing but praise. 

Here's my set.
Now on to Vokoun,

Whose made an in-seaon color-scheme switch on his Bauer Supreme One100s.
For his original set, it is actually the same set he wore in Florida last year.  He's now switched to a more predominant red base on his set.  I like the new look and how they go with Caps' jersey.  He has also seemed to have turned up his game since he switched pads too.  He's 6-2 over his last eight.  Maybe this will lead to giving more validity to the saying that if the player "looks good, feels good, he'll play good."

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment